Thursday, February 18, 2010
9:43 AM | Posted by
Kelly |
Edit Post
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey, Double Rich Chocolate, 5.15-Pound Tub Product By Optimum Nutrition Lowest Price : See Special Price Now! Available From 21 Sellers |
Product Description
Optimum Nutrition's 100% Whey Protein contains 24 grams of protein, only 2-3 grams of carbohydrates, 1.5 grams of fat and minimal lactose, the choice of brand is clear, now to decide what flavor and size! Optimum's 100% Whey Protein comes in 1, 2 and 5 pound containers and is available in Double Rich Chocolate, Chocolate Mint, Cookies and Cream, Strawberry and Vanilla.* Picture may be of different size or flavor
Technical Details
- One 5.15-pound tub of chocolate-flavored whey protein
- Packed with whey protein isolates
- For maintaining and increasing lean muscle mass
- Instantized to mix easily with a spoon
- Each serving provides over 5 grams of BCAAs
Similar Products
Customer Reviews
By Matt S. (NYC)
I just received the Cookies and Cream flavor for this product, and it was okay. I was expecting an Oreo type cookies and cream flavor, but this tastes like that fake cookie dough flavor. It is similar to the taste of a cookies and cream Powerbar, except this has too strong of that artificial cookie dough flavor, which is not a good thing. The smell is not what you'd expect for the flavor, it is quite overpowering with the artificial flavor with a hint of coffee as some other reviewers mentioned.
I got this flavor because I wanted to try something different, and it won in a coin toss against chocolate. It is drinkable, but I would not recommend this flavor. It tastes a little better in milk, but I usually take my shakes with water. I would give it a 6/10.
The price is right and the quality is there. I will be sticking with ON, but want to try Double Chocolate or Vanilla Chai next.
tl;dr
Cookies and Cream flavor okay. 6/10. Would not recommend this flavor.
By G. Chapman
Erroneously ordered and then immediately canceled this item. Amazon has yet to refund my money! Be careful what you order.
By Sam (Sunnyvale, CA United States)
I've tried all 17 Optimum flavors and they are NOT the best tasting. I like protein shakes that taste like a dessert with absolutely zero "protein shake" taste. The only flavor I could enjoy a little was "Mocha Cappuccino", because the bitter coffee after taste masked the "protein shake" taste.
If you're picky and not liking Optimum either, I suggest trying Wellements Pro-Rate Vanilla Cream. It is the only protein shake I can truly enjoy. Don't get the Wellements chocolate flavor, I only had one scoop of the entire 6lbs bag and had to give it away to my ex-...Yuck.
My tongue works very well and yes, I am very picky.
By Ron M
I thought that the price was reasonable and it was a great source of protein. The flavor is iffy but it does the job. I will probably try some other brands too and might end up back at this one again.
By Debra M. Miller (Marion, New York)
Great source of protein, tastes fabulous! I take 8 ounces of soy milk and mix with protein powder for breakfast. Easy, simple, taste great and holds me till lunch!
All Reviews
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment